The History of the Moua United International Council, Inc.
After the fall of Laos in 1975, many Moua families were scattered all over the world especially to the United States, France, Australia, Canada, and elsewhere. Mr. Mouage Mouanoutoua, one of the most important key leaders, very concern about the future of the Moua families, he then traveled to St. Paul, Minnesota in early 2000 to meet with a group of Moua leaders who also concerned about this as well to discuss about the need of unification of all Moua families around the world.
The founders of the Moua United International Council, Inc.
1. Mr. Mouage Mouanoutoua (Founder)
2. Mr. Moua Houa (Co-founder)
3. Mr. Za Thao Moua (Co-founder)
4. Mr. Pa Blia Moua (Co-founder)
5. Mr. Xai Dao Moua (Co-founder)
6. Mr. Za Xiong Moua (Co-founder)
7. Mr. Boua Yang Moua (Co-founder)
8. Mr. Nhia Soua Moua (Co-founder)
9. Mr. Chong Tou Moua (Co-founder)
10. Mr. Moua Yee - You La (Co-founder)
After the above concern individuals discussed about the need of unification of the Moua families worldwide,
they decided to hold the first nationwide Moua Conference in St. Paul, Minnesota.
The First General Moua Families Meeting was held on 7/4/2000, chaired by Mr. Xiong Pao Moua.
- Approximately 300 Moua's around the nation participated.
- A survey was conducted and the majority in the meeting felt that a Moua Foundation shall be formed.
The Second General Moua Families Meeting was held on 7/6/2001, also chaired by Mr. Xiong Pao Moua.
- The “Moua United International Council, Inc." was formed.
- The first president was elected, Col. Toulu Moua – Chongtoua.
The First Elected President, 2001 - 2003, Col. Toulu Moua - Chongtoua
- The first governance board was formed and completed
- The first Article of Incorporation was written and incorporated at the Secretary of State
of Minnesota by Xiong Pao Moua
- A certification of incorporation was issued to the Moua United International Council, Inc.
from the Secretary of State of Minnesota
- Resigned at his second year and was replaced by the vice president Moua Houa - Chongsher.
The Second President, 2003 - 2005, Mr. Moua Houa - Chongsher
- The first By Law was written by Xiong Pao Moua
- The MUIC Logo was developed and created by Mr. Yong Kay Moua
- The Moua United International Council was established under Section 501(c)(3) of the Federal
Revenue Code by Xiong Pao Moua
- The Federal Tax Exemption was approved for an advance ruling period ending on Dec. 31, 2007.
- Collected a list of Moua leaders in both public and military services during the Vietnam War Era
by Moua Houa
- Organized all Moua representatives all over the United States including contact data information
by Moua Houa
- Three Annual Meetings were conducted in St. Paul, Minnesota chaired by Moua Houa
- The first handbook of the MUIC was compiled by Moua Houa, Xiong Pao Moua, and Kou Moua
- Second election was held in St. Paul, MN in June 2005. Mr. Za Xiong Moua (Xiong Pao Moua)
was elected as Third President
The Third or Second Elected President, 2005 - 2009, Mr. Za Xiong Moua.
- Physical office was established in the city of Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- The Website is constructed as "www.mouacouncil.org"
- The first fundraising event was held on 2/11/06, in St. Paul, MN.
- The second fundraising event was held on 6/18/06, in Fresno, CA. Chaired by Mr. Xia Thao Moua, the Vice President.
- Third fundraising event was held on 6/24/06, in St. Paul, MN. (Friendship Dinner Fundraising Party).
- The 2006 Annual Meeting was held in Fresno, CA on 12/23/2006, chaired by Xia Thao Moua, the Vice President.
- Delegation to SEA to locate the Moua families or relatives, and to research for the Moua family tree and traditional culture,
May 18 - June 9, 2008 (China and Thailand) lead by Mr. Za Xiong Moua
- DVD and report booklets of trip to SEA were developed and published and distributed to all Moua key leaders and sponsors
- A Hmong Traditional Cultural Book was established and published (Phau ntawv txheej txheem kab lig kev cai Hmoob)
by Mr. Choua Blong Moua
- The 2008 Annual Meeting was held in Milwaukee, WI on Aug. 2, 2008 chaired by Mr. Neng Ma Moua, President of Moua WI
- Moua Friendship Dinner at Lao Family Center on May 23, 2009, was sponsored by Sia Lo, Attorney at Law and
Wa Xeng Xiong, Uride Transportation Co.
- The 2009 Annual Meeting was help in St. Paul, MN on July 3, 2009 at Lao Family Community Center in St. Paul, Minnesota
Election was conducted and Za Xiong Moua was re-elected to office as Third elected president of the MUIC.
The Fourth or third elected president, Za Xiong Moua, 2009 - 2013 (Re-elected)
- DVD of the Annual Meeting & Election on July 3, 2009 were produced and distributed to all BOD and Moua representatives.
- February 5, 2010, Moua Valentine Party at Lao Family Center from 6:00 pm - 12:00 am (Fundraising).
- March 7, 2010, Party and awards of recognition for Nhia Bee Moua's students (kawm tas txiv Xaiv) at Hmong Women
Association @11:00 am in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Moua Wisconsin elected their leader on April 10, 2010 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Za Xiong Moua speeched and presented
awards of appreciation to the officers of old term. As a result, Mr. Chong Neng Moua was elected as President of Moua
Families of WI.
- Moua Clan Representative in California election in May 1, 2010 in Fresno, CA. Awards of appreciation were presented by
Za Xiong Moua to the members who have served as Moua Clan Representatives to the Hmong 18 Council of California.
As a result, Mr. Chia Lue Moua was re-elected.
- Fall Friendship Cruise, St. Croix River Boat ride for fun, 9/11/2010 from 4:30 pm - 11:00 pm at Stillwater, Minnesota.
There were 390 participants including elders and teenagers. For more information please read under Events Calendar.
- A recognition ceremony was held in St. Paul, MN on 10/03/2010 at Lao Family Center to congratulate Mr. Za Xiong Moua,
Re-elected President, and his governance board members for their term of service from 2009 - 2013.
- 2010 Annual Meeting was held in Georgia on October 23, 2010 at Social Circle City, chaired by Mr. Chong Tou Moua.
For more information please read under Events Calendar.
- President Za Xiong Moua visited Moua families at Spokane, WA on 11/20/2010 at Mr. Yong Vang Moua and Blia Yao Moua's house.
- Our fundraising event for 2011 was held on Friday, 2/18/2011, Valentine Party, at Bouasavanh Banquet Hall, Brooklyn Park,
Minnesota, from 6:00 pm to 1:00 am. It turned out great. There are over five hundred people attended this special event.
- Our first fundraising event in Wisconsin was being hosted by Mr. Wachakong Moua in Waussau Sat. 4/23/2011 from 6:00 pm
to 12:00 midnight at Rothschild Pavilion, 1104 Park Street, Rothschild, WI 54474. The purpose of this event was to raise fund
to support the delegation to SEA, which will take place sometime in late summer or fall, 2011.
- Letter of proposal has been circulated for individual donations or sponsorship for the project to SEA. All BOD are committed
to seek for individual sponsor or contributor. Some individuals alread made their contrbutions to the MUIC.
- A fundraising event to support the project to SEA was done on July 8th, 2011 at Bouasavanh Banquet Hall from
6:00 - 12:00 am. This fundraising event was conducted by the Moua Women who dedicated to support the MUIC's project
to SEA to locate Moua families in SEA nations. Thank you so much for the Moua Women team. We really apppreciate your
leadership and dedication.
- In order to complete MUIC's mission of locating Moua families worldwide, a second trip to SEA to locate Moua families in
Vietnam and China is scheduled to take place in late summer or fall, 2011. The exact date and time will be determined soon.
- The second delegation to SEA was taken place on 9/26 - 10/28/2011, which was led by Za Xiong Moua, President and the
team included Choua Blong Moua and Jou Chong Moua along with their spouses. They first visited Moua families in Vietnam
in the province of Vinh, Meuong Keson for 10 days. They then went to China on 10/5/2011 to Yunan, Quizchou, and Quiqing
provinces. They met alot of Moua families in those areas. Their final destination was to Thailand on 10/17/2011 - 27/2011.
They visited Moua families in Chiang Rai, Tak, Chedeekhao, Nan, Pua, and Pang Kang. They returned home on Friday
- A fundraising event is scheduled on Saturday, 12/31/2011. (Zov Hmo rau kwv tij Muas). at the Community School of
Excellence, 170 Rose Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55117, from 6:00 pm - 12:30 am. Admission fee: $50.00 per couple and $25.00
per single person. The purpose of this event is to raise fund to support the mission of the MJIC for the Annual Conference in
2012 & the Moua International Symposium in 2013. For question please contact Za Xiong Moua at (651) 238-6890 or
Cher Pao Moua at (763) 742-3157.
(The above fundraising event was over). A conclusion meeting on Sunday 1/8/2012. There were 4 sponsors and a lot of
supports and contributions coming from the Moua families and friends. Hopefully, MUIC will continue to gain more support
from the Moua families and friends in the future to support the mission of the MUIC. Thank you so much to everyone for
making this event possible and a successful one.
- Zam Xyooj Muas, Present and his board visited Moua Families in Missula, Montana at Maj. Moua Chou's Residence on 6/22/2012
- The MUIC Annual meeting for 2012 is scheduled to take place in Washington Seattle on June 23, 2012.
The exact location will be determined soon and post here in the near future. All Moua families in the Northwestern region
where Moua families live in such as Montana, Spokane, Missoula, Seattle, Oregon, Portland, and other states throughout
the United States are invited to this annual meeting. Click here to read the invitation letter.
Flyer1 Flyer 2
- Mr. Wachakong Moua, Wausau, WI. hosting a fundraising event in Milwaukee, WI. on 3/17, 2012 to support the mission of
the MUIC with full support from Mr. Chong Neng Moua, president of Moua families in Wisconsin and his staff.
- Moua Women Fundraiser group will be hosting a fundraising event on June 9, 2012 at Bouasavanh, Brooklyn Park, MN.
from 6:00 pm - 12:00 am. to support the work of the MUIC. The purpose of this event is to celebrate Mother's and Father's
Days together. You are all invited to join us and having fun and joyful night together. Quesiton, please conact our office
at (651) 238-5890. Thanks!
- Moua families meeting in France on 9/9/2012, hosted by Mr. Moua, Blong, Moua Representative in France. Representatives
from the MUIC will participate in this meeting and will deliver the mission of the MUIC to the meeting. It also will focus on
Moua family trees, cultural values and beliefs, and it's activities from the past, present, and future; therefore, we all stay
connected. For question, please contact our office at 651-238-5890 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thanks!
- MUIC meeting with all Moua Key Leaders in Minnesota on 10/14/2012 to discuss about Kho Phaj thiab Kho kev cai dab qhuas. Majority pom zoo kom los nrhiav 2 pab neeg los nrog kho Phaj thiab kev cai dab qhuas kom ntiav rau lub 2/2013, mam li coj mus tham nrog tsoom kwv tij nyob rau Wisconsin thiab California vim ob lub lav no muaj kwv tij coob. Dhau li ntawd mam caw s/d tuaj koom lub Moua Int'l Symposium 6/29-30, 2013 mam approve ua ke rau zaum kawg hnub ntawd.
- President Za Xiong Moua visited Moua families in Missouri on 11/16/2012
- President Za Xiong Moua was invited to speech at Moua families noj tsiab in Tulsa, OK on 11/17/2012
- President Za Xiong Moua visited Moua family in Kansas City, KS at Mr. Num Lwj Moua's house on 11/18/2012
- President Za Xiong Moua went to Chico, CA for honoring GVP's Statue as a sponsor from the Moua families. The celebration was held on 12/08/2012 for two days.
- President Za Xiong Moua visited Moua families in Goleta, CA at Mr. Chong Sher Moua's house on 12/10/2012 to dress the mission of the MUIC and also talk about the Moua International Symposium of 2013. Invited them to join.
- President Za Xiong Moua was invited to speech at Moua families noj tsiab in Fresno, CA on 12/22/2012 chaired by Mr. Lor Xeng Moua.
- Moua Women Cohort hosted a Fundraising at Bouasavanh on 12/22/2012 to support the Moua Int's Symporsium.
- MUIC hosted a fundraising for Valentine's Day on 2/9/2013 at Bouasavanh Hall, Chaired by Mr. Nhia Ger Moua and Za Xiong Moua B and supported by all BOD and the Moua Women Cohort.
- President Za Xiong Moua, Vice President Xeev Txwj Moua, Advisor Nhia Bee Moua, Adviusor Za Thao Moua, Advisor Yong Kay Moua and his wife, along with Mr. Kee Moua, visited Moua families in Wisconsin as follows: 3/2/2013, meeting with Moua families in Milwaukee which included Moua families from Fond du Lac, Madison, and Sheboygan. The purpose of this visit is to fundraise for the Moua International Symposium of 2013. A lot of donations received from all Moua families to support the MUIC symposium of 2013. MUIC thanks every one for all the contributions.
- On Sunday 3/3/2013 from 9:00am - 1:00pm, they met with Moua families in Appleton, which included some Moua families from GreenBay as well.
- On Sunday 3/3/2013 from 3:00 - 7:00 pm, they met with Moua families in Wausau, WI which included Moua families from Stevens Point, WI as well.
- On Saturday 3/9/2013, President Za Xiong Moua and his team also visit Moua families in L Crosse, WI for the same purposes.
- MUIC team is planning to meet all Moua families in Minensota and California in the near futures.
- Moua International Symposium in 2013 to be held on June 29 - July 15, 2013 in St. Paul, Minnesota. All Moua Key Leaders abroad will be invited to this international Symposium in the year 2013. The purpose of this gathering is to make our final conclusion of Moua Cultural Heritage and the root of Moua family trees (Los teeb kev cai dab qhuas ua ke thiab kho phaj kho tis kom haum). We hope all Moua families throughout the United States and abroad will join this very important gathering for the first time in our history.
- Future fundraising events will continue to enforce at least twice a year to fulfill the mission of the MUIC.